感谢阅读本文
Rita: "Hey, come on in. You're just in time."
进来吧,你来得正是时候。
Lynette: "Thanks so much, Rita. I think it's such a good idea that we all get together and talk and...Wow."
非常感谢,丽塔。这个主意非常好。大家聚在一起好好谈谈。
Lynette: "Wow. What is all this?"
这是在干嘛?
Rita: "We decided to stage a protest in front of Art's house."
我们决定到阿特家门口进行抗议游行。
Lynette: "A protest?"
抗议游行?
Gert: "Rita, I want the word "pedophile" to really stand out. Do we have any glitter?"
丽塔,我想让“恋童癖者”更醒目些。你这里有亮片么?
Mrs. McCluskey: "Say "molester." It sounds scarier."
改成“性骚扰者”更贴切些。
Lynette: "I'm sorry. I thought we were all gonna talk about how to keep an eye on this guy."
抱歉,我以为是大家一起讨论如何提防那家伙。
Mrs. McCluskey: "We're past talking. The guy's a menace."
没必要,那是个危险人物。
Lynette: "Well, that's what we think, but we don't exactly have proof."
但我们纯属猜测,并无证据。
Neighbor: "The youth center just fired him. How much proof do you need?"
青年中心都把他开除了。你还要什么证据?
Lynette: "But, see, the only reason they fired him is because people were gossiping, and the only reason they're gossiping is because of what I told Mrs. McCluskey."
但,那仅仅是因为大家对他议论纷纷。而各种流言蜚语是起始于 我与麦克卢斯基太太之间得谈话。
Mrs. McCluskey: "Yeah, and you told me to spread the word."
对,你还叫我通知大伙儿。
Lynette: "So that people could watch their kids and be vigilant."
以便邻居们都看好自家孩子,以免受伤。
Gert: "So you wanna wait until he actually molests one of our kids? Whose side are you on, Lynette?"
难不成你要等到孩子被他非礼后才出手么?你到底站哪边?
Mrs. McCluskey: "Knock it off, Gert. Remember, if it weren't for Lynette, We never would've found out about this creep. She's our hero."
行了,大伙儿记住了,要不是勒奈特我们就不可能发现这变态,她是我们得英雄。
Tom: "God, I was only in the house fifteen minutes. Are there more of them now?"
天啊,我才进屋15分钟,人越来越多了么?
Lynette: "Yep. Go ahead, say it. I know you want to."
说吧,尽管说吧,我知道你有话要说。
Tom: "This is all your fault. You should've listened to me."
这都是你造成得,你真该听我劝。
Lynette: "I know. But be fair. There is no way I could've anticipated this."
我知道,老实说,我真没料到事情会变成这样。
Tom: "You tell people Frankenstein's on the loose, then you're surprised to see the torch-wielding villagers? I'm putting the kids to bed early. I don't want 'em to see this.Is that an ambulance?"
你才是指挥官,现在部下对你言听计从,你却感到惊讶。我要叫孩子们早点儿上床睡觉。我可不希望他们目睹这一切。是救护车么?
Lynette: "Excuse me, can you tell me what happened?"
借过,请问这里发生什么事了?
Paramedic: "Ma'am, I need you to step back."
女士,请往后站。
Lynette: "Okay."
好得。
Paramedic (in his walkie-talkie): "We're bringing in a female, late thirties. And get crash cart ready. She's in cardiac arrest."
我们正抬出一位三十对岁得女性。让救护车待命,患者心脏骤停。
Lynette: "Stop it! Stop it! You can't do this to people! Have you lost your minds?!"
别这样,别这样。你们不能这么做,大家都疯了么?
Rita: "Well, excuse us for wanting to feel safe in our own homes."
请原谅,我们只是想确保家园安全。
Lynette: "Well, that's my home, and I don't feel very safe right now. Please, please, all of you, just leave this street. Please, I beg of you. Go! Just get off my street, please!"
我家就在那边,现在我反而不安了。求求你们,请大家离开,求求你们了。我请求你们,开这条街,我求你们了。离开这条街。
Lynette: "Wait, wait! Art, wait, I'm sorry...I'm sorry."
等等。阿特,等等。抱歉。